Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Topical Tuesday~More Fun With Sprinkles(tt054)



Hi Guys,

It's Kylie here with another Topical Tuesday post and today I have something a little different for you, a storage idea, a hint and a mini tutorial lol!

As some of you might know I LOVE Sprinkles and Andrea has an Awesome range in the store in the most gorgeous colours in sizes 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and 6mm but my favourite colour would have to be Icicle followed by Chilli and Cherry lol and don't forget that the Sprinkles also come in Hearts and they are sooooooooo very pretty, don't forget to check them out lol!

First a storage idea for your Sprinkles...

When you receive your Sprinkles they come packed in cute little baggies...


and I put my Sprinkles in plastic craft divided containers that you can get from your discount variety or hardware stores and I purchased mine for about $1.50 each and I have one for each of the different sizes...


This container is holding my 6mm Sprinkles and I have written the colours on top of the lid and this is working really well for me lol and I have all my Sprinkle containers packed on top of one another in my craft trolley and in easy reach lol!

Now onto a card using my favourite Icicle Sprinkles and an hint on how to apply your Sprinkles onto your project!



I have printed off a sheet of Digi Paper in Rose from the Chilli family and adhered my sentiment banner and my 'Happy Birthday' sentiment comes from Fanciful Flowers Stamp Set!



I then stamp my Sprinkle flourish from the stamp set 'Flourishes' Stamp Set that has been designed to be used with ABS 3mm Sprinkles and you use the dots as a guide to create a bling flourish(don't worry the end of my banner will be covered with a flower lol)


I have placed my Rose stamped panel onto my White card base and
Now here's my *Hint* lol and the easy way to apply your Sprinkles lol!  Using Embellie Gellie that is available form the ABS Store!


Using a little Kindy Glitz Gem Clear(also available n the ABS store)apply a little amount to your dots and using the Embellie Gellie pick up your Sprinkles and place directly on top of the adhesive


Look how the Embellie Gellie grabs the Sprinkle and as soon as you place it on your adhesive it comes off the Embellie Gellie like magic lol!



Continue placing your Sprinkles on your dot guide to create your Bling Flourish!  I have not placed any Sprinkles on the top and bottom of the flourishes as seen in the pic as I'm placing a flower there and to save Sprinkles lol!



To finish off my card I have made a flower using a piece of Digi Paper also from the Chilli family in Rose Dots and used my Silhouette to cut out a flower, placed three Icicle Sprinkles in the center and placed my flower on the card and a scattering of Sprinkles to finish off!

My finished card:


and here's a close up of my Sprinkle Flourishes:


Supplies Used:
AnnaBelle Stamps:
  'Flourishes' and 'Fanciful Flowers' Stamp Sets, ABS Smooth White Cardstock, Chilli Digi Paper, 3mm Icicle Sprinkles, Embellie Gellie, Kindy Glitz Clear Gem

Other:  Black Memento Ink

So how do you store your Sprinkles?

If you like create a project with 'Sprinkle Flourishes', I would love to see what you create and don't forget to share your creations HERE in the Ning gallery using tag tt054

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Till next time, have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Kylie XX

6 comments:

  1. Kylie, this is fantastic! The Embellie Gellie looks amazing, thanks for another great tutorial. You've made me want to get out my Icicle sprinkles, they are my fave too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kylie. Great tutorial. I just love your card. Beautiful. Those sprinkles sure add that WOW factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kylie and a great tutorial! Must check out the Embellie Gellie.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered how people got nice swirls with those gems. Ah ha ha! Mystery solved. I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, the embellie gellie looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--one of my favorite cards! Love the color, gem flourishes & that amazing flower!

    ReplyDelete

We love having you visit, and we love reading your comments :) Thank you for taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails