Hi there! It's Tobi here from Tobi's Place with my first Topical Tuesday post.
Recently I've become infatuated with mixed media and specifically "art journaling" and today I am sharing with you how I go about incorporating stamps into my designs. This is my Dylusions Journal that I have put off decorating on the outside because I didn't want to commit... Well today is the day! I'll take you step-by-step through the process!!
Here it is plain:
- Cover the area with Gesso:
2. Apply paint or colour of your choice through a stencil. I used Gelatos and applied them with my finger:
3. Stamp images of your choice in Archival ink. (I used stamps from Daisy Delight):
4. Add shading with a Stabilo pencil. (In case you don't know, a Stabilo pencil is an acrylic material, so it works really well on acrylic paints! Just smudge with your finger or you can wet it too...):
5. Add colours to the flowers with watercolour crayons or gelatos. Smudge with fingers:
6. Add colour to the background with PanPastels:
7. Outline the stamped images in white pen. This step was the essential "finishing touch" that the flowers needed because none of them stamped perfectly (the surface was really bumpy) and after all of the smudging with my fingers the colours didn't "pop."
8. The decoration is complete:
Now all it needs is a title:
Thanks for joining me today and I hope you enjoyed this peek into my process!!