Sue with you today for a little Topical Tuesday project. I thought I'd share another way to use AnnaBelle's latest BBD #8. This fabulous pink rubber set is full of banners, polka dots, arrows and sentiments so lots of fun to play with.
How about making a paper bow.....no die required just stamps, ink and a sharp pair of scissors.
- Stamp the striped banner 5 times to a 4" wide strip of card. The 5th strip needs only be 1.5" long as this sits around the centre of the bow.
- Cut the banners using sharp scissors or a rotary blade, as I did. Trim out the shaped V section on two strips.
- The loops are made individually, folding one end under the other. Securing with double sided tape.
- Adhere one loop over the other, using double sided tape.
- Position the shaped 'ties' beneath the loops, trimming off and excess. I slant mine down at a slight angle but they look equally nice sitting directly under the loops. Adhere using more double sided tape.
- Add a foam tab to the centre of the bow then wrap the last stamped strip around the centre of the bow, securing with tape at the back.
- Run the back of your scissors around the inside of the bow with your thumb on the outer side to shape the loops.
To complete my card I stamped the wide stripes to white card, trimmed and added this to the bottom of the card front. The bold polka dots stamped in the same ink and die cut using ABS shapes 1 die with a sentiment popped up on foam tabs. Then to finish some bling with an ABS chilli heart.
I hope you might be tempted to give this a try :-)
Products: AnnaBelle Stamps
Backgrounds By Design # 8