Hi there! It's Tobi Crawford here with what I hope to be an informative tutorial using PanPastels and Annabelle Stamps!
Before I got to using the pastels I had to prep the base.
1) I covered the area with Matte Medium.
2) Cover the area with old book paper and seal with a layer of medium.
3) Once the matte medium has dried, pull off any excess paper.
4) Cover the area with some watered-down gesso.
5) Mix some acrylic paint with acrylic glazing fluid. It will extend the paint.
6) Paint the area with the acrylic paint mix then wipe some away with a baby-wipe. The idea is that the paint will stain the area and provide a colourful base.
7) Now we start with the PanPastels! I used VersaMark as a medium for the pastels. They will stick to the VersaMark.
8) I used a really fluffy brush to dust on the PanPastels. Magic!!
So I just kept adding layers of PanPastels with VersaMark until I was happy with the background... Here's what I got:
Thanks for joining me today!