With Christmas fast approaching I thought I'd share a little project for Topical Tuesday using two brand new sets from AnnaBelle Stamps. Holly Jolly Christmas and Christmas Tree Trio.
Here's a little treat box perfect to hang on your tree, ready for Christmas visitors.
I've stamped Kraft and white card for these but my prototypes where made using DSP and they look great too.
There is a story behind this box...... I was served a pot of tea in Adelaide and the tea bag came in this cute little box that I knew I could use. All I had to do was re-size it and my Pazzles Inspiration was just the right tool for that job :)
Now I have a PDF cutting sheet so if you'd like to try one for yourself....pop past my blog, I'm happy to share and I'd love to see your version.
My photo tutorial follows:
- Print the cutting sheet to A4 or American Letter card stock. The solid lines are the cutting lines with the dashed lines indicating score and fold lines. The <<< >>> show where you need to add a slit using a craft knife.
(note - you will notice the top point is slightly rounded. This will let you add some twine or ribbon for hanging)
- Once the box is cut out score and fold on the score lines.
- Although I've marked the spots for the addition of double sided tape, this box stands quite well without. Fold your box and mark the points either side of the tab for the correct position to cut your slit. Use a craft knife to cut the slit.
- Once the tab is pushed through the slit the box will stand nice and flat.
- Open your box out and stamp a tree from 'Christmas Tree Trio' into each folded segment. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig for positioning.
- Colour the images, mine were stamped in Memento Cocoa and coloured with Prisma pencils.
- I've added toffee Sprinkles to two of the trees and Stickles gold glitter to the rest.
- Die cut stars in gold were added too.
- Double a length of fine hemp twine and knot it with the two ends together to make a hanging loop. Using a small piece of tape adhere the loop to the inside of the box.
- Add a label some bells (just for you Kylie) and a ribbon and twine bow to complete.
- This white box uses the holly sprig from 'Holly Jolly Christmas' coloured with Copic markers.
- The tag and sentiment are from Decorated Christmas (stamps and dies).
- I've used glitter and stamped two of the circles from 'Scribble Scrabble 1" adding a die cut sprig of holly, 3 cherry Sprinkles.
- Red/white ribbon and red twine complete the second box.
There you have it, add a little something to each of your boxes for Christmas guests. They stand on a 2" base and are 4.5" high. Hope you have some fun with these :)
All products available from AnnaBelle Stamps - Check out the Sale on Christmas sets now!!!!
Christmas Tree Trio
Holly Jolly Christmas
Scribble Scrabble 1
Decorated For Christmas
CBD 003 Decorated for Christmas
Fine Hemp Twine in Lt Brown
Fine Hemp Twine in Red