Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Topical Tuesday - Inlaid die cutting




Hi there,

It's Marion here for this week's Topical Tuesday. Due to my family's recent move, I haven't had time to put together a video, but I have created a photo tutorial instead of an inlaid die cutting technique.
Below is the tag I made using this technique.


Follow as I step you through my process.

Step 1:
Begin by die cutting two tags from white cardstock and three baubles from different coloured cardstock. I have used the AnnaBelle Stamps Decorated Christmas bauble dies.


 Step 2:
Position the bauble dies onto the tag. Use tape to hold them into place so they don't shift when running through your die cutting machine.


Step 3: 
Once you have die cut the first two baubles, die cut the third one, once again holding the die in place with some tape.
Step 4: 
You will end up with the following.

Step 5:
Place the small bauble back into the die cut tag. It will fit in like a jigsaw puzzle. As this bauble overlaps with the larger bauble, place the larger bauble die back in place and run it through your die cutting machine. I held the pieces into place with some masking tape.

 Step 6: 
The result will be this.

Step 7: 
Take the second die cut tag and be generous with your glue application. I used Tombow Mono Multi glue.
Step 8: 
Glue the original die cut tag onto the second tag and then place the baubles into their positions. It will all fit in like a jigsaw puzzle. Trim the two baubles that hang over the outside edge of the tag with scissors.

Step 9: 
I added a sentiment from the newly released Merry Messages stamp set with a stamp positioner and some VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I also drew in the bauble strings with a ruler and a marker and added some AnnaBelle Stamps black Licorice gingham ribbon.

 Step 10:
The result is die cutting that is completely flush with the surface of the tag.



For a full list of the supplies I have used today, please head over to my blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will give this technique a try.
Until next time,

Marion

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial! Love it! Think I might try it with stars.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little tag. Awesome tute Marion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Love the colours you chose. Now I want that die set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave it a try. How perfect! I love it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag...thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

We love having you visit, and we love reading your comments :) Thank you for taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails